Today in Mormon History - Aug 11

[President Wilford Woodruff Journal] 11 We rode to Soda Springs. 20 Mils. We stoped at Bishop Lows. We rode out in the Evening 5 Miles with Brother Horsley. Then Killed 4 ducks & 11 Chickens. (1)
-- 120 years ago today - Aug 11, 1891

[Nauvoo Temple] William Weeks turned over the carving of the oxen to Elijah Fordham, who spent the next eight weeks carving the twelve animals. Others may have also helped with carving. John Carling is also mentioned as a carver of the font's wooden oxen. (2)
-- 170 years ago today - Aug 11, 1841

David W. Patten and Warren Parrish free [per Wilford Woodruff]. (3)
-- 175 years ago today - Before Aug 11, 1836

1 - Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993,
2 - Brown, Lisle (compiler), Chronology of the Construction, Destruction and Reconstruction of the Nauvoo Temple
3 - Tidd, N. R., "Mormon Chronology"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Enter your Comment: